The maintenance staff is responsible for the safety of the staff and visitors as well as the security of the building. The Maintenance staff works closely with the Facilities Supervisor to facilitate a quick turnover of work orders, security of the building, and the upkeep of the main office as well as the Thurston Road location. This position requires constant communication and excellent customer service.
1. Vacuum carpet areas.
2. Clean the Day Hab Facility
3. Keep the outside area clean free of trash
4. Clean all building bathrooms.
5. Maintain non-carpeted flooring including sweeping, washing, and polishing, as needed.
6. Miscellaneous maintenance and repair as needed, such as overhead light bulb replacement, fixing minor plumbing problems, hanging pictures, etc.
7. Keep entranceways free from snow and ice during winter.
8. Window washing on all inside windows and 1st floor outside windows semi-annually.
9. Escort employees, Board members and others to parking lot after hours or when needed.
10. Coordinate the work of sub-contractors for maintenance and repair work not performed in house.
11. Secure the building upon departure each evening.
12. Opening and closing the building on weekends for special projects or building security purposes.
13. Perform such duties as the supervisor may assign.
14. Attend/support Urban League of Rochester events and fund raising functions.
· Ability to work independently and unsupervised after hours.
· Conscientious and detail oriented in work performed.
· Experienced in painting, maintenance and minor repairs.
· Ability to lift, push and pull at least 30 lbs.
· Ability to provide own transportation, when needed.
· Flexibility with work schedules.
· Ability to relate well with others, a team player with a positive attitude.
· Must be customer service oriented.