The Program Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of the program and working with young adults to assist them in becoming self-sufficient.
1. Perform a variety of administrative duties associated with coordinating diverse elements of education, youth development and workforce development programs.
2. Participate in program and project development and implementation.
3. Monitor the program’s process towards goals and develop plans for corrective action as required.
4. Complete accurate monthly and quarterly reports and monitor the program to ensure it is on track for meeting goals.
5. Direct day-to-day program activities.
6. Provide opportunities for training, career exploration, work experience, employment.
7. Provide activities related to leadership development, decision-making, personal development, citizenship and community service.
8. Counsel individuals and/or groups as necessary to assess participant’s needs and identify support services.
9. When special issues arise, refer participants to the appropriate support services.
10. Attend and participate in Urban League functions and fundraising events.
11. Complete other job-related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor's degree in counseling, social work, education or related social science preferred
· Experience in education, youth development and/or workforce development programs a plus
· Ability to communicate information simply and clearly to individuals and groups
· Ability to form effective interpersonal work relationships with program participants and staff
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Ability to interpret numerical and situational information
· Ability to read and interpret program rules and regulations
· Ability to organize information
· Strong leadership skills
· Ability to tolerate and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
· Ability to relate to, communicate with and work with disadvantaged young men and women and understand the issues relating to this population
· Knowledge of available community resources a plus
· Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
· Ability to relate well with others, a team player with a positive attitude
· Valid NYS driver’s license; clean driver’s abstract