The van driver is responsible for transporting individuals ages 14 to 24 enrolled in the Urban League of Rochester’s Workforce Development Programs to program activities.
- Transport participants and staff to and from program sessions and events as needed.
- Operate the van according to all established laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with program staff in regards to any concerns or issues.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Keep van clean and in good operating condition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Attend all Urban League of Rochester events and fund raising functions.
- Be willing to occasionally come in on off-hours and weekends.
- High School Diploma required
- Valid New York State driver’s license with a clean abstract required; professional driving experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a professional manner
- Conscientious and detail oriented in work performed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and be available past 5 p.m. on weekdays and on Saturdays
- Ability to relate, communicate, and work with a diverse population and understand the issues relevant to such population;
- Ability to tolerate and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Must be customer service oriented
- Demonstrate problem solving and responsible decision making skills
- Access to reliable transportation