The TASC instructor will assess students and monitor their progress; develop and implement TASC lesson plans covering all TASC subjects that are customized to students’ abilities; and provide both group and individualized instruction. The Instructor and will collaborate with other program staff to implement instruction that will assist students in meeting their educational goals.
- Maintain a classroom conducive to learning and facilitate successful participant engagement and learning.
- Instruct and supervise TASC class sessions.
- Provide individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Administer TABE (both pre and post TABE tests).
- Assess students in order to create a learning program for each student.
- Prepare program records, reports, and other related paperwork.
- Evaluate student needs by assessing the skill level of each student.
- Prepare program records and reports as mandated by supervisor.
- Coordinate outside agency educational contacts.
- Participate in required program and agency meetings and collaborate effectively and communicate proactively with staff and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in education or Master’s degree in education preferred.
- Valid New York State teaching certification for adult education or special education and experience in teaching TASC or GED.
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience.
- Knowledge of NYS Education Department TASC requirements.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility in the development of lesson plans.
- Knowledge of learning theory and teaching methodology.
- Ability to relate to, communicate with, and work with a diverse population and understand the issues relating to such population.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel and ability to produce monthly reports and other required documents.
- Must be customer service oriented.