Established in 1994, the Urban League of Rochester's Home Store helps make homeownership accessible for low to moderate-income families.
As mortgage foreclosure rates rise across the country, the Home Store shows that foreclosures can be prevented when first-time buyers are thoroughly prepared and educated. Approximately 97% of the families who complete our program avoid foreclosure!
The Home Store offers:
- Individualized counseling for potential buyers ready to buy now or in the near future.
- First Home Club Education, enrollment and 1-on-1 counseling.
- Empowerment to make good decisions before and after the home buying process.
- Assistance in locating grants, closing cost or down payment assistance.
- Credit and budget counseling.
- Credit report inquiry and review.
- Analysis of budget and spending habits.
- Assistance developing a savings and money management plan.
Foreclosure Intervention & Default Counseling
- Comprehensive guidance to individuals in the foreclosure process.
- 1-on-1 counseling tailored to each client.
- Determine affordable solutions to resolve or prevent mortgage delinquency or default.
- Pre and Post-Purchase Homebuyer Education classes for First Home Club grant requirements. Click here for class schedule.
- Learn how to purchase and take care of your home.