The following programs assist developmentally disabled persons of all ages to gain access to services geared to meet their needs and those of their families.
- The Day Habilitation Program serves up to 20 adults in our state-of-the-art Center for Living. The program teaches independent living skills, money management, housekeeping skills, computer literacy and other skills in a warm, culturally sensitive environment. Program benefits include opportunities to socialize, field trips in the community, daily transportation, daily hot meals, and fun. Located at 265 North Clinton Avenue.
- Family Care provides room, board, supervision and assistance for individuals with developmental disabilities in homes of sensitive caring families.
- Medicaid Service Coordination provides personalized case management services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- NY State Cares assists consumers in locating residential placement and funding to assist with moving expenses and needed household items.
- Parenting Support Group serves parents with developmental disabilities. The group meets weekly for learning and discussions around parenting, as well as inclusion activities.
- Residential Habilitation provides individualized, intensive, at-home training in areas of budgeting, shopping, household management, etc. for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Respite Care provides free home-based care by trained respite care specialists for eligible families who are caring for individuals with developmental disabilities. This allows family caregivers time to rest, relax and recreate, secure in the knowledge that their loved one is receiving quality care.
- The Family Reimbursement Program provides financial assistance to families caring for individuals with developmental disabilities. Funds assist in preventing out-of-home placements and enhance the quality of family life.
For information on any of these programs, please contact the DD Division at:
Urban League of Rochester Developmental Disabilities Division
537-541 Thurston Rd.
Rochester, NY 14619